Sunday Service is held every Sunday at 10:30am in the Sanctuary. We also offer a Children's Program during this time.
URGENT NOTICE: Sunday Services and all facility use has been suspended or cancelled until April 5th.
RETIRED SUPPLY MINISTER
Rev. Judith Gilliland
Minister Position Description Highlights
Smithville United Church is located in the small, suburban community of Smithville, halfway between Hamilton and St. Catharines. We are an active community of faith whose mission is: Through its various ministries, will provide experiences to nurture, uplift, and strengthen each individual and their Christian faith for service. We welcome and embrace families of all kinds, traditions and orientation. We work to embody God's love in the world through commitment, discipleship, and outreach to others.
- Ensure a meaningful worship and learning experience for the community of faith through personal preparation and integration with the Worship and Music Committee
- Ensure effective management of the church through interaction with the church administrator, the Official Board, the Board of Trustees, and the various committees of SUC
- Provide for appropriate pastoral care for all ages and life situations of the community of faith
- Provide guidance in the development of a full Christian education program for all ages
- Participate in denominational activities outside of SUC
Skills, Personal Attributes:
- Enthusiastic with a good sense of humor
-Understands and embraces the power of Music in worship
- Experience as a United Church minister
- Effective preparation and delivery of messages and small-group studies that are thoughtful, theological, challenging, and practical
- Comfortable with a variety of worship styles
- Leadership for/commitment to development of the children's and youth ministries of SUC
- Leadership for/commitment to church growth focussed on families and middle-aged adults
- Able to work collaboratively with a variety of individuals and groups
- Caring and considerate of all people
For full details see our Community of Faith Profile located at the top of this page under the tab "About Us". Contact us via email@example.com
or through the ChurchHub.
Smithville United Church Welcomes YOU!
The Smithville United Church Congregation is a growing, vibrant family of faith reaching out to one another and the community in the Spirit of Christ's command to "Love one another, as I have loved you." A warm welcome awaits you as we join together in our common journey of deepening, personal faith in Jesus Christ. Our commitment is to support the needs, concerns and celebrations of one another.
We invite you to join us for worship on Sunday mornings and participate in whatever mid-week event interests and nurtures you and your family members. Once again, welcome to Smithville United Church!
Want to see what we have to offer? Check out our Events Page!
Fri Feb 21 - B.L.A.S.T Youth Group Meeting. 6:30-9pm
Sunday Feb 23 - Annual Congregation Meeting following the Service & Pot Luck Lunch
Tuesday Feb 25th - Book Club. 7pm in the Parlour. Please join us on the discussion of Dear Wife by Kimberly Belle
NEW CONCERT SERIES!
March 29 - Strattino Trio
April 19 - The Masters Classics
May 10 - A Mother's Day Tribute
May 31 - Concerto Celebration with Tchaikovsky and Rachmaninoff
All concerts at 2pm in the Sanctuary. They are a free will offering event.
Check out our Events Calendar for more events that happen in our church
116 West Street,
Check us out on our social media platforms:
Happenings at Smithville United Church